Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Green Experiment

Did I mention that I lost my big yummy pencil case at school? Was so frustrated over the loss as the case contained lots and LOTS and LOTS of multi-coloured pens and pencils, and the worst part was that my quilling tool was also inside the case. Together with my few other craft tools. Sad, isn't it?

So what should you do when you're frustrated? Buy MORE craft tools haha. Which I did. So I went to Art Friend at Mid Valley and splurge some cash on TWO new quilling tools (one traditional quilling tool and another one is slip quilling tool), a set of embossing tools (come in 4 different point sizes) and a pink paper cutter cum paper creaser (which cost @ RM39.90!). The paper cutter/ creaser was the cheapest that I found so far so if you're interested, drop by Art Friend. Will talk more about craft items found later in other entries k.

So when I reached home, this was the first card that I made using the items bought at Art Friend.


Yes, green is and will always be my favourite colour - just in case you're wondering :P. For this card, I use the new quilling tool, and experimented with other items for the bigger rolls of the papers - pencils and paper glue matched the needed rolls perfectly.



Since now I have the cool-looking paper cutter/creaser, it was really fun cutting through strips of papers for my quilling. I no longer have to free-handedly cut the papers using scissors (which always resulted uneven sides). I still need more practice in perfecting the width of the strips, but at least most of them are now cut in straight lines hehe. (Told you I'm lazy, ain't I?!)



Hope you love the card as much as I do. It has officially took over the top spot of my favourite cards list right now. :)

2 comments:

  1. nice..love to see all your works..

    rai penah gak try quiling.. tp stkt ni rai ada tool yg utk gulung kertas tu jer.. apa tools lain lagi yg sesuai yer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tool untuk gulung kertas tu memang essential tool item untuk quilling. itu je yang paling penting. nanti saya buat entry pasal tools needed for quilling ek!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails